Campus Recreation strives to enhance the experience of a diverse student body by encouraging an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle through engagement in our recreational facilities, programs and services.
Students can become involved in Campus Recreation through the use of the Tyrrell Fitness Center, a comprehensive weight room and fitness center. Students can also choose to engage with Campus Recreation through Intramural Sports and open gym programming.
一道本不卡免费高清Get out there and have some fun this fall with the return of Intramural Sports to Elmhurst College!
一道本不卡免费高清You can form a team and join an Intramural league with weekly matches. Or, if you don’t want to commit to a season of play, you can opt to participate in our monthly tournaments. In any case, Intramurals are an opportunity to get active, have fun and meet some like-minded friends.
Want to play, but can’t find a team? Contact the Coordinator of Campus Recreation to get connected!
Create your profile and team at
- You must use your Elmhurst College email in order to access the Elmhurst College intramural home page
- IMLeagues Instructions
Fall Sports Offered
- Sept. 16–Oct. 3: Flag Football
- Oct. 21–Nov. 5: Basketball
- Nov. 11–Dec. 5: Badminton
- Flag Football: Aug. 26–Sept. 15
- Basketball: Sept. 30–Oct. 20
- Badminton: Oct. 21–Nov. 10
Keep checking this page for updates on how to register your team, the Intramural calendar of events, and yearly champions!
Tired of making your own workout plans? Join Campus Recreation and our certified fitness instructor for weekly Zumba and yoga classes!
- Bring your JayPass—and water
- Classes located in the dance studio
- Equipment is provided
- Wear athletic apparel
Starts Sept. 8, 2019
Sunday, 7:00–8:00 p.m. Yin Yoga
Monday, 2:00–3:00 p.m. Hatha Yoga
Tuesday, 1 1:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. Zumba
Wednesday, 7:00–8:00 a.m. Yoga
Wednesday, 3:00–4:00 p.m. Zumba Strong
一道本不卡免费高清 Thursday, 3:00–4:00 p.m. Zumba
Classes will not meet:
- Oct. 13 and 14
- Nov. 27 and 28
What to Expect
Clear your mind.
一道本不卡免费高清 Energy and breathing.
Take the “work” out of “workout” by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning, total-body 60-minute workout. No dance experience is necessary.
It combines body-weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training movements synced to music to create an optimal total-body HIIT workout.
Keep an eye out for Campus Recreation-sponsored outings, including kayaking the Chicago River. Stop by our office in the Frick Center for more details.
Tyrrell Fitness Center
一道本不卡免费高清Elmhurst’s two-story Fitness Center houses state-of-the-art facilities for weight training and physical fitness, and it’s available to all Elmhurst students. Here’s some of what you’ll find here:
- 3,000-square-foot strength room
- 3,000-square-foot cardiovascular fitness room with recumbent and upright bikes, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, treadmills and strength equipment
- Locker rooms
Holiday Hours (Dec. 14–Jan. 5)
- December 14 and 15: Closed
- December 16–20: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- December 21–January 5: Closed
J-Term Hours (Jan. 6–Feb. 2)
- Monday–Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Regular Hours of Operation
- Sunday: Noon–8:00 p.m.
- Monday–Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Access to the fitness center requires a valid Jaypass.
Tyrrell Fitness Center
221 Walter St, Elmhurst, IL 60126