Elmhurst College is accredited by the , a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Elmhurst College maintains specialized accreditations, where required for its educational programs.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master’s degree program in nursing at Elmhurst College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) program in speech-language pathology through the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Elmhurst College is accredited by the , 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. The program is accredited through June 30, 2022.
- The Department of Education continues to maintain its status with the Illinois State Board of Education through its State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board; most recently July 23, 2018.
- The Elmhurst College entry-level occupational therapy master’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is .
- The Chemistry program at Elmhurst College is accredited and approved by the American Chemical Society, and thus graduates are certified to have met ACS program standards. The program is to submit its five-year review June 1, 2019.